As autumn settles in, we need to start preparing for winter’s dark, cold months. So take a few tips and keep yourself in tip-top shape, regardless of the season.
- Take a Vitamin D supplement or eat foods high in D. It’s known as the sunshine vitamin because our bodies create it when we are in the sun. As the daylight hours get shorter, we don’t have as much time to be outside, so a supplement can help. It’ll help you with your mood as well.
- Get that flu shot. Now is the time to get it before the flu season ramps up. On top of that, see your doctor and get a check-up.
- Boost that immunity with healthy food and exercise! It seems common sense, but for most people, it’s easier to stay up on your fitness goals when the weather is warm. If you have to work out inside, get a video program or use an app that will help you keep consistent.
- Make plans. Seasonal Affective Disorder is real, and being cooped up inside is a significant factor. To combat that, make plans with friends and family and stick to them. If it’s an active activity, even better!
- Yes, the sun’s UV rays still affect you even when it’s not July. Moisturize your skin. The air gets drier as it gets colder, and your skin will get itchy and irritated if it gets too dry. Plus, remember the sunscreen.
Most importantly, be kind to yourself! Listen to your body and give it what it needs; don’t beat yourself up! Try reframing negative thoughts into positive ones, and you’ll be ready for winter’s cold.